How do I set up an account in the name of a trust at Upstart?
Please note, this ability has been suspended until further notice.
- Go to Upstart.com and click “Invest” then “Start Investing.”
- Certify that you are an accredited investor.
- Enter trustee’s name in the investor information. Select “Investment” investment type in the process flow.
- Certify that you agree to the legal agreements and certify that you meet the criteria for the W-9 certification.
- Send the following information to email@example.com and label the subject, “Requested documents for investor trust sign-up”:
- Evidence of the trust formation (e.g. trust certificate, signed trust agreement)
- For each trustee, please provide:
- Full name of trustee
- Tax ID or social security number
- Date of formation (or date of birth)
If trustee is an individual, please provide government issued ID (passport, driver's license or other ID). If trustee is an entity, please provide a certificate of formation (or similar document depending on entity type).